The ‘rents have landed

Like a well oiled machine, my parents made it to my house unscathed. I anticipated that their arrival into Singapore may not have gone as smoothly as I had hoped, but in the end everything was perfect. The driver we hired to pick them up at the airport was waiting for them with a sign with their name on it, a smile on his face, and a wealth of information about the history of the country to explain to them on their taxi ride to my place. My friend, Nora very graciously helped us out by waiting for my parents to be able to help them get into the condo as well. Thank you so much, Nora! πŸ™‚

So they arrived, unpacked a bit, showered and had a bit of a snooze on the sofas waiting for me to get home. Not a bad start to a vacation at all. When I got home, we chilled out a bit before heading off to the boxing gym to meet Rey and watch us train a little bit. I wasn’t in my finest form due to my ear infection, but I think they got an idea of what this whole thing looks in real life. πŸ™‚ It was nice to share the experience and I was really happy that they got to meet Rey too! They brought him and Hazel a little baby gift for the future boxing baby champ.

From there we headed to “Moosehead Kitchen” for some grub. I was really looking forward to this dinner as Kelso had really sold it to me over the past few weeks, but when we got there is was pretty disappointing. Bad service, it was so noisy we could hardly hear each other speak, and the food selection was minimal. I didn’t love it, but Kels has assured me that the lunch menu is a different story altogether, so maybe I’ll have to give it another chance (but with so many good restaurants in Singapore, I am not sure if it will get it!) I think it might be “better luck next time, Moosehead Kitchen” 😦

However, the best part of dinner was being able to hang out with my parents and my cousin Katelyn, and friend Aynsley. It was nice to catch up (as best we could over the soon-becoming-inebriated ladies dinner next to us). For that, it was worth all of the negatives of the dinner side of things as this was the real reason we were getting together anyways.

We were pretty knackered by the end of dinner and came home to head to bed. Not a bad first few hours in Singapore. Here’s hoping that they have beat jet lag a bit by staying out a little later and they can sleep through the night.

Until tomorrow, Singapore! G’night!



About K.O.

I am a middle school Drama specialist and boxing enthusiast. I love to spend time with friends and family in Singapore and Canada, travelling, watching movies and then writing about my experiences here.

Posted on October 10, 2013, in Singapore. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: