I Challenge YOU!!!
Finally… they are making apps that mean something.
Don’t get me wrong, I love “Pinterest” and I’ve heard “Candy Crush” is an addictive game and I use my “Conversion” app to help be figure out the measurement differences, but I have never downloaded an app that would help me to help someone else… yet.
A friend of mine posted a link to website listing “10 Empowering Apps for Social Good“. It was an interesting list highlighting some really great things that you can do with your phone, tablet or computer that would either teach you about perspective, understanding or even better… allows people to do something and have money donated for doing it.
Two apps on the list especially stood out to me.
“Budge” – Users can stir up donations just by getting friends to do activities that they already do or play games they already like. The loser of the challenge can donate a predetermined amount to one of a handful of charities (both in the U.S. and Australia)
“Charity Miles” – this one is simple in concept too while also promoting healthy fitness. Earn money for exercise that you do. Bikers, walkers and runners earn $ for every mile they complete. The charities are all in the U.S.
Both of these initiatives (and also the other 8 listed on the original website) are amazing ideas. Unfortunately, you an only choose a charity from the list of charities involved with these sites (this is also a ‘fortunately’ because these charities that are listed are raising a great amount of money!)
But I thought these ideas could be put to use in my own way. I would like to set up a challenge to you (and to me).
Are you up for the Challenge?!
KERIANN’S “CHARITY CHALLENGE”
- Care to challenge me to something?
- I may win. I may lose. But I am up for the challenge!
- Be as creative as you like with your challenges.
- Challenges can literally be anything! Hold my breath? Do a certain amount of pushups? Write a poem? A math problem? (ok, please don’t choose that one!)
- Send me your challenge via Facebook, post a comment to this blog or write to me at email@example.com.
- I will post your challenge on my blog, your donation wager amount and will write about the completion of the challenge (Kelso will be my witness for completion – he’s in compliance – I promise it will be by the book!)
- If I complete the challenge successfully – YOU DONATE. If I lose the challenge – I DONATE“
KERIANN’S “TAKE ACTION CHALLENGE”
- This donation challenge is for all of my runner, walker, biker friends out there. I have many of you!
- For every km or mile you walk, run or bike in a week – please donate $1. (i.e. if you walk/run 10 kms – please donate $10)
- If you would like to give more – then up your challenge goals.
- Tell me about your goal and your donation via Facebook, post a comment to this blog or write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can celebrate your donation and also your achievement of completing the challenge.
- Don’t walk, run or ride? Take classes instead? No problem! For every class you take, donate $1 for every 5 mins of the class (Take a bootcamp class for 60 mins? Donate $12 for that session)
I look forward to these challenges and will keep you updated on what I complete in a week too.
My first donation will be for my “Take Action Challenge”. For every fitness class I take this week, I will donate $1 for every 5 mins of class. It will look like this:
- Monday – 1 hour bootcamp = $12
- Tuesday – 1 hour boxing class = $12
- Wednesday – 1 hour boxing PT session = $12
- Friday – 1 hour bootcamp = $12
- Saturday – 1 hour boxing class = $12
This week’s donation will be $60!
Where to donate?
Please go to
Please click on the ‘Donate Now’ Button
It is important that you make it clear that your donation is for the CIS Teachers House Building Trip to ensure that the funds are directed appropriately. (Our team leader is “Donna Jackson”)