Dear Blog, it’s me… Keriann.
Yeah – I know. You’ve felt neglected. I haven’t logged into you. I haven’t posted on you. I actually kind of forgot about you entirely. And for that… I am sorry.
But I think it is time for a resurrection and no better time like the present, right? And no better time to start when I actually have something fun and exciting going on in my life again too. It helps to have something worthwhile to write about to get the creative juices flowing.
So, what’s up? Well the exciting news is that my parents are officially returning to South East Asia again for a visit. They haven’t been here since we got married back in 2010 so I am extremely excited to be able to show them around again. During that visit, I was kind of busy… you know… getting married and all that. So we didn’t really get to do a lot of sightseeing together. We had a great time, don’t get me wrong, but being able to show them around my neck of the woods is truly very exciting. After being away for what is now my 9th year (NINE YEARS!!! How the heck did that happen?), I really want them to experience my life here as photos and stories never quite do it justice.
This is also an anniversary present for them and I am so proud of their wonderful marriage and it inspires me in my own. They have been married for 40 years – and that is definitely worth an extraordinary celebration. So I am calling it their “Anniversary Asian Adventure” and we are kicking it off in less than a month’s time!
Here’s what’s on the itinerary…
- Singapore for 3 days when they first arrive
- Siem Reap, Cambodia to see the amazing temples and cruise down the Mekong River
- Phnom Penh, Cambodia to take in the culture and history and also to work with two charities – the People’s Improvement Organisation and the Tabitha Foundation
- Singapore again for a night
- Ubud, Bali – culture, temples, and sightseeing – oh my!
- Seminyak, Bali – chill out at the beach, shop, eat, drink and be merry!
- Singapore – last days of their time in Asia
It’s going to be an action packed trip and I hope they rest up on the flight over here! 🙂 I am so very, very excited for their trip and to be able to share some of my favourite experiences with them.
The planning is now pretty much complete and the countdown is on…
See you in Singapore in 27 days Mom and Dad!